Links below navigate to sections within this page
- String, Guitar and Flute Programs
- Senior Performance Groups
- Parent Programs
- Summer Programs
Students to Book 8
- Fifteen Saturday Group Lessons
- Musicianship Classes: for students mid Book 1 to Book 3 and/or ages 5+
- On-Instrument Reading classes for Rhythmic Reading Graduates
- String/Flute Orchestra program for On-Instrument Reading Graduates
- Kiwanis Festival performance
- Winter and Spring Studio Recitals
Students Book 4 and Above
- Senior Ensembles
- Optional Senior Programming: Senior Enrichment and Mentoring Programs
- Senior Ensembles Concert
- Concerts in the Community
- Senior Solo Recital for Book 4 graduates and above
Recitals and other Special Events
- New Parents: One 2 hour Parent Education session (compulsory for new parents; optional for returning parents)
- Parent education essays in the 5 SuzNews Newsletters
- Parent playing groups
Headstart Program 2019-2020
for 3 to 4 year olds
Headstart Suzuki is a pre-instrumental programme designed to introduce three and four year olds to basic musical concepts and beginning Suzuki rhythms and repertoire. Emphasis is on rhythm, singing, motor development and aural training, aided by the playing of percussion instruments. There are 5 parent-child sessions per term; on Saturdays at Canterbury HS. The fee is $100 per term.
Term 1: Oct. 5, 19, 26, Nov. 2, 9
Morning Classes: 10:30am – 11:20am: Space available
- Term 2: Jan. 18, 25, Feb. 1, 8, 22
Morning Classes: 10:30am – 11:20am: Space available.
A one-week Headstart session will be available during our Summer Camp.
Open up the world of music for your child!
String, Guitar and Flute Programs
All String & Flute students receive 36 weekly private lessons. Additionally, all students are assigned to a group class and an enrichment class (e.g., rhythmic reading, string orchestra); group and enrichment classes meet 15 times during the year on Saturdays. There are also numerous performing opportunities at studio and school recitals, as well as for community audiences. All students except Pre-Twinklers perform annually in the Kiwanis Music Festival as part of their group class.
Information about our Senior Ensembles Program available here.
Parents are at the core of the Suzuki approach, as they support their children’s practising at home. All new parents are asked to attend the New Parent Orientation session. As well, SuzNews is published 5 times per year and includes Parent Education essays, involving discussion of Suzuki philosophy, the Suzuki triangle, listening, motivation and practising.
One private lesson annually is set aside for a parent-teacher conference for all students, and occasionally there are planned lectures and workshops for both new and experienced Suzuki parents.
Find more resources and links on our Parent Education page.
Parent Orchestra Class
Registration for any parents who would like to join the beginner orchestra group class is available, based on demand. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Other Parent Groups
Parent Guitar Group: contact teacher Daniel Srugo directly.
July 15 to 19, 2019
Location: Canterbury High School
For 3 – 4 years olds: Summer Headstart Program. A pre-instrumental program; parent-child sessions.
For 5 – 13 years olds, who have completed at least one year of Violin, Viola, Cello, Flute or Guitar study by Suzuki method.